I am a fairly accomplished speaker with more presentations under my belt than I can count. I’ve flown around the world, met some amazing people, made new friends and generally had a blast doing it.
Some of my conference participation includes:
- jQueryConf (Toronto)
- … and many more
Request For Presentations At Your Conference
I am no longer submitting sessions to conferences through a general call for speakers / sessions. However, I may be interested in speaking at your conference if you meet the following criteria:
- The conference has a strong code of conduct that is enforced (for example, JSConf)
- The speaker, attendee and organizer lists include a high level of representation from minority / marginalized / generally under-represented people
- All travel, hotel and other expenses covered
- The conference has a scholarship to cover travel / hotel / childcare / missed work / other expenses, to underprivileged people
- I will be delivering a keynote speech at the conference
- I am covering subjects that are more meaningful than the latest tech / tools
- First-class airfare (I am a large person, and standard airline seats hurt. a lot)
- I am paid to speak at the conference (subject to agreement on fee)
- Professional recording and post-production, with the talk being posted online for others to view at no charge
- The conference is outside the United States
Please note that even if your conference can meet / exceed all of these requirements, I may still decline. Speaking at conferences is tremendously stressful for me, often with 40+ hours of work going into a 45 minute session.
Recommendation For Speakers
Barring my ability to speak at your conference, I may be able to provide recommendations for speakers. Please get in touch and ask if I know anyone that can cover the subjects you are wanting, and I will do my best to help when I can.