My name is Derick Bailey.
I’ve been writing code since 1988, have been a prolific blogger since 2004 and have been delivering world-class training to developers like yourself, through on-site classes, screencasts, ebooks, etc.
I’ve spent a lifetime (more than 20 years) building software for leading financial organizations and airlines, the U.S. government, and more. I’ve created critical systems for large healthcare organizations, saving them millions of dollars a year. I’ve helped small-town, independently owned businesses improve their bottom line with simple software solutions and complex process automation.
And I’ve helped countless developers through sites like Stack Overflow, writing sample code for Microsoft’s MSDN library, by publishing dozens of leading open source projects, including the most widely used add-on for Backbone.js (Marionette.js) and other projects that have made the lives of countless thousands of developers easier.
My career path and history include the following.
- Muted Solutions, LLC – Consultant, etc. (2010 – Present)
- Telerik, Inc – Developer Advocate (2013)
- TrackAbout, Inc – Developer / Lead (2010-2011)
- McLane Advanced Technologies – Tech Lead, Architect, Developer (2006 – 2010)
- Air System Components – Developer, Tech Lead (2002-2006)
- Colorado Christian University – Web Developer (2000-2001)
- MPKS Internet Services – Web Developer (1998-2000)
- Person development, small projects for local business, etc (1988 – 1998)
You can download my complete resume for a complete work history with information about the projects I’ve built, and more.