Since the release of my RabbitMQ For Developers bundle, I have been continuing the work of producing even more material for it! I want to help you get up and running quickly, and make sure you are using RabbitMQ effectively from the beginning. With that in mind, I’ve produce another short ebook and also made it available as a free 9-day email course!
RabbitMQ: Patterns For Applications
There’s a lot of ways that RabbitMQ can be used. It’s one of those tools that seems to have an endless number of attachments and configurations – and it can be a bit overwhelming when you’re getting started with it. So I put together a short list of the most common patterns that I use with RabbitMQ, based on my own experiences as well as the book, Enterprise Integration Patterns.
(If you’re not familiar with the EIP book, and you’re doing anything with messaging systems, stop what you’re doing and go buy a copy right now. It is an essential reference for anyone working with messages and queues!)
In this short series of emails and/or ebook, you’ll see the following topics covered:
- publishing a message vs sending a message to a queue
- what content should be included in a message body
- message headers and meta-data
- how messaging patterns relate to RabbitMQ exchange types
- what message types and archetypes should be used
- how binding and routing keys work with message types and patterns
- use of reply-to and correlation id
- working with long running processes
- handling errors and bad messages
- how RabbitMQ can make your app more robust
- and more!
I’ve packed years of knowledge in to this material, as a perfect companion to my full RabbitMQ For Developers course! And I’ve made it all available for free via email or as an ebook for $5.
Get RabbitMQ: Patterns For Applications
There are three ways to get the RabbitMQ: Patterns For Applications content.
- Sign up for the FREE email course: this version of the content will be delivered to you 1 email a day, for 9+ days
- Buy the ebook: for $5, you’ll get the same content as the email course, packed into ebook format so you can take it with you
- Buy the full RabbitMQ For Developers package: the ebook version of RMQ Patterns is included in all 3 tiers of the full course
Choose your version of the content and get ready to get productive with RabbitMQ: Patterns For Applications!